Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the cause of frequent urination in spite of normal sugar levels?

What is the cause of frequent urination in spite of normal sugar levels?

Q: I have lost 10 kg in the past 3 months. I was detected to have Type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM), 3 months ago. I am not under any medication, as the physician prescribed only diet and exercise and daily monitoring of sugar levels are below 100 (F) and 140(PP). However, for the past 3 months, I have been urinating 8-10 times a day even though my glucose levels are under control as confirmed by lab reports. My HbA1c is 5.2. I don't have UTI and all my urine related tests are normal including ultrasound & CT scan and creatinine is 0.8. Before the detection of DM, I was not urinating so much though my sugar levels were 210. What are the causes for abnormal urination and loss of weight? My urine and serum osmolality levels are 490 and 297 respectively.

A:Continue with life-style modifications for control of diabetes. If your weight does not improve in a months time, then get an X-ray chest and T3, T4, TSH (thyroid tests) done. If these tests are normal, then improve your diet. For increased urination (if blood sugar is normal and urine - RE is normal) then try to reduce fluid intake to around 2000 ml per day.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.