Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » I am disturbed by my wife's past affair, what should I do?

I am disturbed by my wife's past affair, what should I do?

Q: I have been married for 7 years. I came to know about my wife's past affair after 2 months of our marriage. I got very disturbed. She told me that she had also had sex and later narrated the whole story of how it happened. It wasn't proper sex, but I somehow wanted to believe her. The next moment, I threw many questions on her. In my mind I never believed what she said, as there were different stories every day and somehow we managed to pull through. Recently my behaviour has changed towards her. And I have started questioning her again. I am tired of myself, as I visualise many things about my wife's past. I start clenching my fingers and my whole body shivers. Please advise.

A:Marriage is an institution and requires commitment and bonding; and the need to move ahead rather than focussing on the blurry past. It is time to accept that you both are married and have a commitment to each other, which should be based on mutual trust, respect and a mutual cordiality. The repetitive looking back has the potential to affect the today and the tomorrow. It is best to tackle this distress by having regular couples counselling.


................... Advertisement ...................


Short videosBy Firework

................... Advertisement ...................

--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com