Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How long do the ceramic cap on teeth last?

How long do the ceramic cap on teeth last?

Q: My upper two front teeth are worn out. I tried Veener filling LC but it did not work. Now my dentist has put a ceramic crown/cap on them. How long will this last? During the fixing of the cap, the teeth were ground and made flat to receive crown cap. Will my original teeth become weak due to grinding and thinning? If this cap breaks will my original teeth also break? How to tackle this if the original teeth break along with crown/cap? I am scared in eating fruits even though I am taking care. Please advise.

A:Porcelain crowns last for many years. The teeth do not become weak because of grinding for a crown. It is difficult for a cap to break - even if it does, the tooth may not be damaged.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.