Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can I stop the further height gain of my daughter?

How can I stop the further height gain of my daughter?

Q: How can I stop the growth in height of my daughter? What is the procedure? She is growing unusually tall.

A:Girls with potential tall stature are usually treated with high dose estrogen (7.5 mg of conjugated estrogen or 0.5 mg of ethinyl estradiol) to reduce further height gain. The drug should be combined with progesterone for a period of ten days every month. The effect is, however, variable and dependent on age at initiation and duration of treatment. Possible late effects on fertility indicate the need of using this strategy with caution. Recent studies have shown that lower doses of ethinyl estradiol (0.1 mg) may be as effective as higher dose. Please consult a pediatric endocrinologist in your locality for advice.


................... Advertisement ...................




Using 0 of 1024 Possible characters
Choose Topic
-------------------------------- Advertisement -----------------------------------