Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Do I need to consult a psychiatrist?

Do I need to consult a psychiatrist?

Q: I am a 23 years old male who is in a relationship with a girl for the last four years. Now, after four years of relationship she told me that she had a boyfriend before me and had physical relationship with him. She loves me very much but now I feel bad and cheated. I have never had any girl friend in the past. I can't live without her. She is very guilty about what she did. No other boy came in her life after me. She is hoping that I will forget everything and accept her. Should I need to meet a psychiatrist? I love her so much but unable to forget everything. She is also suffering from depression.

A:In any relationship, there will be some past that the couples have had. If you have a good understanding with your partner then these issues can be dealt with effectively. In other words, the part that you should focus on is the nature of the relationship that you share with your girlfriend rather than comparing your past. Also, you are judging yourself on the basis of the fact that you do not have a past relationship. Ask yourself how that would make a difference. You have an opportunity to have a good relationship, make the most of it. Try and think in these terms and hopefully your anxiety will die down. If not, you may consult a psychologist who can help you think clearly.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com