Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Do I need a root canal treatment?

Do I need a root canal treatment?

Q: I am 30 years old and have got molar bridging done three months back. I am having pain/sensitivity ever since I got this done so after consulting the doctor he said there is infection. For the last 20 days I am having antibiotics, but still have pain. Now the doctor says that a root canal will have to be done. Suggest me what to do?

A:Sometimes when extensive preparation of the teeth is done depending on case, the teeth become sensitive and may get painful. It may warrant root canal treatment (RCT) either before or after the crown preps, since there is not adequate clearance for crown material. If everything else is fine, it should settle down after the RCT. Well, you may get it done from the same doctor or go to a root canal specialist (Endodontist).


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com