Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can I conceive despite of having Nnabothian cysts in the cervix?

Can I conceive despite of having Nnabothian cysts in the cervix?

Q: I am a 32 years old female, married for three years. I had a miscarriage at six months of pregnancy two years back. I want to conceive but I have hypothyroidism (TSH = 8.2). My fasting blood sugar = 96 and PP = 126. I had a D&C two months back before which I was diagnosed with Nabothian cysts in the cervix. Please advise on further course of action so that I may conceive.

A:Nabothian cysts are benign mucus-filled lumps on the surface of the cervix, and no treatment is necessary as they do not cause any problems. Continue the hypothyroid treatment. Take folic acid supplement for three to six months. Plan the next pregnancy after getting a few investigations like blood group, urine culture, VDRL and an ultrasound scan to make sure there are no uterine defects, like an open cervix, or fibroids or any other problem. Also get a TORCH test done. Second trimester abortions are less common and the cause needs to be found and treated before planning the next pregnancy so that corrective action can be taken. The chance of a repeat miscarriage is no doubt higher in the next pregnancy, but with proper treatment, rest, family support, and regular care in pregnancy, the successful result is higher than 90%.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.