Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can my rubella infection be treated?

How can my rubella infection be treated?

Q: I am a 25 years old married woman who conceived last year but then I had typhoid. I took Taxim O 40 g for that. After recovering from typhoid, the doctor checked me for ToRCH (Toxoplasma, Rubella, Cytomegalovirus and Herpes) infection, which was positive. So I had to terminate my pregnancy after three months on doctor’s advice. I checked rubella and till now it is positive. Why is it so? When will I recover from rubella?

A:A positive IgG rubella indicates a past infection or a high titre due to immunisation and will remain positive. A positive IgM indicates a recent infection and is more important with regards to outcome of pregnancy. Your test may be positive from the past or due to recent MMR immunisation. Repeat titres at 4-6 weeks and a rise in titres by 4 fold from previous value are significant. Did you ever have fever with rash and joint pains? Don't worry or misinterpret your reports. Ask your obstetrician to check the reports for you.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com