Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Am I suffering from a mental disease?

Am I suffering from a mental disease?

Q: I am a 26 year old male who has been suffering from mood swings for quite some time. I have become very unstable in nature and due to this, I am not able to concentrate on my work for more than 5-10 minutes. I am always tired and don't feel like doing anything. For a moment I feel happy and the very next moment, I turn sad. There is always something going on in my mind and I keep talking to myself. Am I suffering from some mental disease?

A:It is difficult to diagnose any condition with limited information. However, the kind of symptoms you are experiencing do seem to suggest that you may be dealing with a mood related problem. It is best for you to consult a psychiatrist so that a diagnosis can be made. Often, a combination of medication and counselling addresses these issues the best. So, once the problem has been identified, do ask your doctor to refer you on to a psychologist who can help you learn ways of coping of these symptoms better.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com