Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Women - lump in breast

Women - lump in breast

Q: I am 22 years old. Two months back I had an annual health check-up where they found a lump just above the breast-below the neck. It is 4.0 - 4.2 inch round. I have epilepsy since when I was 10 years old. I wanted to know whether the lump has got to do anything with the fits. The doctors advised me to take an abdomen scan. One year back I got this scan done as I urinate frequently, the report was normal. What should I do next?

A:The best possible course when one has a recently developing lump is to go for investigations to find out its nature. The simplest procedure involves passing a small needle into the lump and sucking out a few cells to look under the microscope. In the majority of cases this would be sufficient to give an opinion regarding the nature of the lump and what further investigations are required. Occasionally if this is not helpful one may require a surgical procedure to remove the lump and send it for examination. Both the procedures can be done in any well equipped hospital. I suggest that you consult a hospital in your neighbourhood. The lump is unlikely to be related to your fits.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com