Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Will my second child also suffer from spina bifida?

Will my second child also suffer from spina bifida?

Q: After the delivery of my first child we got to know that he is suffering from spina bifida. My child is no more. Now, I am planning pregnancy again, but I am scared. What are the precautions that I should take? What diet should I follow during my pregnancy?

A:Before planning the next pregnancy you must take folic acid, one tablet for 3 to 6 months and then try for conception. In the pregnancy you will need to undergo ultrasound at 16 weeks and serum AFP test at the same time-in the fourth month. If both are normal, then there is no need to worry. There is no cause for fear, as tests are available and if abnormality is detected, abortion can easily be done.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com