Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why is my vision still cloudy after a cataract surgery?

Why is my vision still cloudy after a cataract surgery?

Q: I got a cataract operation done on my right eye at a famous medical trust hospital, in Kerala. I have followed eye drops and eye care as suggested by the doctor. Now two months are going to get over but still there is no clear vision. I am not able to read as the vision is cloudy. How many will months it take to get me clear vision?

A:Cloudy vision after cataract surgery could be due to various causes, depending upon which site of the eye is affected. Starting from the front surface of the eye, there could be corneal oedema (swelling of the cornea), iritis (inflammation of the coloured portion of the eye), posterior capsular opacification (opacity of the outer covering of the natural lens; this covering is usually left behind to support the intraocular lens), cystoid macular edema (inflammation of the central part of the retina), or a pre-existing disorder of the retina such as age-related macular degeneration or diabetic retinopathy. If the eyesight of the affected eye has been weak since childhood (amblyopia or lazy eye ), there is likely to be poor visual recovery after cataract surgery. Only after a detailed ophthalmic examination, including a retinal examination after dilating the pupils, can one determine the cause for decreased vision after cataract surgery and advise regarding further treatment.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.