Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why do I have boils in my eyes?

Why do I have boils in my eyes?

Q: I am a 49 years old male with small boils inside my eye on the red fleshy part, near the white area, inside the lower lid. It does not look like a stye. It causes irritation and I can feel the presence of a foreign material in the eye. What is the reason for these boils and how should I get them cured?

A:This is called Plica semilunaris and it is normal to have it. Only if you are allergic to something, it causes irritation. Had it been a proper boil, it would have been painful. Stye is acute and painful and affects lids lash margins. Plica semilunaris does not require any treatment as most of us are allergic to something.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.