Why do I get a sticky layer on my teeth?
Q: I am 24 years old girl and brush my teeth twice daily. Few hours after I brush I get a sticky gel like layer on my teeth. What is this and how can I get rid of it? And please tell me is it okay to bleach the teeth regularly?
A:This layer is called dental plaque and forms little after teeth are cleaned and keeps building up whole day. Whenever you brush, you remove this very layer, which has bacteria. Brush your teeth twice daily and keep changing your brush. Get professional cleaning done regularly, once in six months or in a year. Bleaching done professionally can be good and it is not harmful but it only removes superficial stains formed due to bad dental hygiene.