Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Why am I unable to remember things?

Why am I unable to remember things?

Q: I am a 25 years old male unable to store multiple thoughts / ideas. I am getting confused and unable to do my work. Two years back, I met with a minor accident but I suppose the left part of my brain got injured when my head hit the road. Since then I need to depend on my cell phone reminders to remember things. Is it a symptom of amnesia?

A:You have reported feeling forgetful and also having some problems in registration of incidents, following an accident. I suggest a detailed neuro-psychiatric evaluation. There are times when even anxiety or depressive symptoms can affect the concentration and registration aspects of memory. I also suggest a Blood thyroid and Blood Vit B12 evaluation. It is difficult to comment on without a proper psychiatric evaluation. Based on a detailed evaluation, other tests (incl. radiological, if felt needful) can be recommended. I also suggest that you try to keep a handy diary for reference, to avoid confusion in multitasking. Wishing you the best of health.