Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What treatment do I need for a mega ureter?

What treatment do I need for a mega ureter?

Q: I am a 39 years old male and have been detected with a small left kidney, which has not grown since childhood. Also, my mega ureter – the tube connecting the kidney to bladder, has not grown since my birth. The doctor says it is calcinated. What does it mean and what treatment do I need to take?

A:I think your physician meant the condition of mega ureter to be congenital, which means being present since birth. At your age, as long as mega ureter does not cause any symptoms including recurrent urinary tract infection, abdominal pain or discomfort or does not affect the overall kidney function (essentially having normal kidney function), there is no reason to pursue any intervention including any surgical correction of the mega ureter.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com