Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Am I at risk of developing kidney stones?

Am I at risk of developing kidney stones?

Q: I am an 18 years old student who underwent a routine urine examination, which showed traces of protein and pus cells (25-30 per hpf). Am I at risk of developing kidney stones as I am experiencing burning sensation while urinating and slight abdominal pain?

A:For an 18 year old man having burning sensation during urination, you have to give a sample for urine culture. If there is abdominal painyou will need an ultrasound of the abdomen to rule out stone disease. Presence of protein or pus cells in just one sample of the urine is not significant. I wish you repeat the urine test after obtaining advice on how to collect a proper sterile urine sample (retracting foreskin, mid stream urine etc.)


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com