Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What should I do to make my son study?

What should I do to make my son study?

Q: My 13 years old son studies in class 8 but doesn't want to study. In the afternoon after coming back from the school he spends time playing or watching TV. He doesn't study in his tuition classes too. He lies also. We have tried all methods to make him study but he doesn't listen. He promises he will study but never does it. How should I make him understand the importance of time and studies? Please suggest.

A:As parents, you are best situated to find out about your son's motivations. You must spend more time with him and find out if he is unable to learn or unwilling to learn.

There is a big difference between the two reasons.

If you are sending him for tuition, his teacher there will also be able to throw some light on the matter. You must also meet his teachers in school and find out in detail what he does and does not do.

He may have to be seen by a Psychologist who can also help to decide the level of his abilities and the reason for his lack of attention to studies.

Nothing happens in isolation. Has his school performance been OK in earlier years? If so, he may be just having problems with his adolescent growth.

Please make the effort to do a detailed analysis of his attitude and behaviour and do not depend on instant "capsule" solutions to the current situation.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.