Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What should I do to get rid of lice in my baby's hair?

What should I do to get rid of lice in my baby's hair?

Q: I have a 3 months old baby girl. She has lice in her hair. How should I check this?

A:The safest and surest way of getting rid of lice permanently is by removing all the hair and treating other members of the family who will also probably be infested with lice. For this Permethrin Lotion can be applied as directed once a week until the infestation is clear. If you do not wish to shave off baby's hair then you might try washing it daily and combing out the nits. This often works but not always.