Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What should I do for swelling in the testis?

What should I do for swelling in the testis?

Q: The skin near my testis has expanded and I experience pain when my penis erects. The pain is mainly on the left testis. What might be the problem and what should I do to overcome it?

A:As I understand you are having a swelling on left side of scrotum. The cause could be an acute infection. Prolonged gradually increasing scrotal swelling in epididymis (a part of testis) requires exclusion of tuberculosis. Non-infective causes of such swelling are a hydrocoele (fluid collection) or varicocoele (thickening of veins). Rarely, testicular cancer would present with a scrotal mass. You may find the exact cause by seeing a urologist and getting correct advice.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com