Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is wrong with my prostate gland?

What is wrong with my prostate gland?

Q: I am a 32 years old bachelor. I was having frequent urination and a kidney stone. I got operated 3 years back for low semen count and thereafter my semen count has been normal but the problem of frequent urination persists. Recently, the doctor found out that there is enlargement of the prostate so he gave me drugs like Urimex, Levoday and Rovamycin Forte. The prostate gives trouble if I have heavy foods such as oily and cold refrigerated items. Also, after masturbation, I get relief but it again starts hurting. I cannot get married for another six months because I am working abroad so prescribe me a good medicine, which can help me for my prostate problem?

A:You are apparently being treated for chronic prostatitis, and not for prostate enlargement. It would be irrelevant to mention that you may have already undergone investigation to exclude other diseases, which may cause similar symptoms like a stone in or near lower tract and chronic inflammatory diseases like genitourinary tuberculosis. A Urine cytology examination is also indicated in all patients with such symptoms. The recommended course of Quinolones like levofloxacin for prostatitis is 8 to 10 weeks. It, however, makes sense to avoid the triggers since you know them already. Regular intake of cranberry juice helps many patients with such symptoms.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com