Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the treatment for nystagmus albinism with lazy eye?

What is the treatment for nystagmus albinism with lazy eye?

Q: I am suffering from 40% vision impairment. It was diagnosed as Nystagmus Albinism with Lazy Eye. I have done B.E. in electronics and communication. I have tried to find a job without revealing this, and have also succeeded in getting jobs. But somehow I get noticed doing things from a close distance. I don't have much problem in working in any field with slight modifications, such as using large fonts on the computer and using 3 X zoom lens to see small things. My near vision is good, but far vision is very poor. I do not have any problem in travelling. I have contacted many organisations, but unfortunately I was not able to find a job. What can I do for this peculiar vision problem for which there is no treatment?

A:The condition of Albinism is since birth and may be familial. Typically vision for distance is about 6/18 but near vision is good as you have described. Only thing you should not do is driving but wearing properly tested photochromatic (changer) glasses may help a little but there is no treatment for this condition. As far as job is concerned no body should refuse you the job but I would recommend you to apply for jobs in call centres or abroad for computer jobs.