Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » What is the cost of surgery for undescended testis?

What is the cost of surgery for undescended testis?

Q: Recently I went to a paediatrician, who after a careful observation told me that my 4-year-old son needs surgery (orchieopexy) for undescended testis. One of his testes is not in its place. She said that my son should undergo surgery as soon as possible, as it is already late. What is the estimated cost of this surgery in India? Is it painful?

A:If it is truly undescended testis, you should have the surgery done at the earliest. This surgery is usually a day surgery where your child will come to hospital in the morning, get his surgery and go home in the evening. The estimated cost in our hospital will be about Rs. 23000 - 25000/-.