What are the ingredients of a first aid box for home use?
Q: I want to have a first aid box at home. My parents are staying with me. One is 57 years old and other is 44 years old. What all things should a first aid box have? Please advise.
A:A first aid box should have the following things -
- Band aids of different sizes
- Antiseptic solution such as Dettol
- Rubbing alcohol also called Isopropyl alcohol
- A pair of pointed tweezers to remove splinters which are superficial and have one end protruding. Deeper splinters or foreign bodies should be removed by a physician.
- Cotton - preferably sterile
- Blunt ended scissors
- Sterile bandages
- Torch or flashlight
- Heating pad
- Ice pack
- ACE bandages - for sprains and achy joints
- Acetaminophen (paracetamol) for aches and pains and fever
- Throat lozenges
- Ibuprofen, which has an anti-inflammatory action, also for aches and pains and fever
- Aspirin tablets
- Anti-allergy pills such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl).