Physiotherapy - Postural imbalance
Q: I am unable to maintain my posture. I slouch to the right side as my neck muscles are weak. I feel continuous neck strain and laxity of all joints. I cannot stand properly. What should I do?
A:You can follow the following regime:
- Learn general body relaxation by using whole body relaxation technique.
- You will have to visit a physiotherapist to help you correct your posture passively till you are able to maintain a correct posture actively, which is very important for you.
- Learn general mobility exercises for neck as well as the whole spine and shoulder girdle exercises.
- Learn deep breathing exercises and keep a check on your vital capacity.
- Balancing exercises, for example, walking with a book on the head with a correct posture, is valuable.
- Stretching of the soft tissues and correction of the contractures on the concave side of your spinal curve will form an important part of your treatment.
- Please be regular with your physiotherapy treatment.