Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Pain in right testical

Pain in right testical

Q: I am having a pain in my right testical for about 3 weeks now. Last week a general physician gave an anibiotics ( cipro 500mg ) for 7 days two each every day. The two test were also done (chlamydia/gc culture and urine culture) and he said both were negative. He recomemded me to see an Urologist. Still I have a nagging pain in my right testical. I have completed the antibiotic dose recently. What could be the reason, is it alarming ? Also what can I do at home, like using hot water bottles, could it be because of the cold? please let me know.

A:The common causes of unilateral testicular pain could be epididymo-orchitis, trauma (hematocoele) or torsion. Other causes like tumour do not commonly give rise to pain. A urologist should examine you to determine the cause of your problem. The problem is usually not alarming but can be serious. Torsion of the testis is an emergency but if you do have torsion then its too late for any treatment. You should wear scrotal support so that your testicles do not hang free. You can take some pain killers for pain relief. Fomentations either cold or hot are not recommended without knowing the cause of pain. It is advisable that you consult a doctor as early as possible.


................... Advertisement ...................




Using 0 of 1024 Possible characters
Choose Topic
-------------------------------- Advertisement -----------------------------------