Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Is melanocyl ointment efficient in treating vitiligo?

Is melanocyl ointment efficient in treating vitiligo?

Q: I have read about melanocyl ointment and its benefits in treating vitiligo. I am 27 years old suffering from vitiligo for the past 18 years. It has started covering my face, but I have never taken any treatment for it. Many people say that melanocyl ointment has worked for them. I too want to give it a try. However, I cannot find it in UK and I cannot get hold of people who supply it in India. Where can it be purchased in UK, and what are the application procedures?

A:Melanocyl is the brand name of a medicine called ammoidine. It is available in India because it is permitted to be sold by the Drugs Controller General, India (DCGI). Its use has not been approved by the British Medicine and Healthcare Products Regulatory Authority, European Medicine Evaluation Agency etc. It is a prescription drug and must never be used without a dermatologist's advice and supervision. We are unable to comment on its efficacy and safety.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.