Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Is it harmful to take sorbiline syrup for a long period?

Is it harmful to take sorbiline syrup for a long period?

Q: Please tell me about prolonged use of sorbiline syrup for avoiding constipation. I am taking 10 ml before breakfast and, if it is not harmful, I want to take it for a longer period.

A:Sorbiline is the brand name of a product that contains two ingredients: tricholine and sorbitol. Its anti-constipation effect is due to sorbitol. There is not much problem in taking it for long periods. I hope you have already tried high-fibre diet by using, among others, ispaghula.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.