Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » I am not conceiving, what should I do?

I am not conceiving, what should I do?

Q: I am 34 yrs old and trying to get pregnant. All tests show that I have anovulatory cycles but regular periods. My husband's sperm count is 80 million, morphology too is 80%, though motility is 10-20%. What is the best course of action?

A:You require ovulation induction with Clomiphene citrate tablets/ hMG injections. Regular follicular studies are required. Since your husband's semen analysis shows decreased motility, intrauterine insemination (IUI) would be helpful, wherein the husbands semen is collected and washed and then deposited into your cervix. Also, I would like to know the investigation details of your tubes; HSG (hysterosalpingography) or preferably hysterolaparoscopy would be required. In case the sperm motility does not increase after wash, you may have to go for IVF treatment (Test Tube Baby).


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com