Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to treat deviated nasal septum?

How to treat deviated nasal septum?

Q: I have a sinus problem from the age of 13 years and am 23 now. In my nose there is a excess growth of bone as told by my doctor and because of that the left side nostril is totally blocked and I breathe for something like 8 hrs through my right nostril and mostly through mouth. Can you suggest some better treatment as I am very sceptical about the surgery as I heard that even if I get operated, it will again grow and become the same?

A:The reason for your blocked nose is likely to be deviated nasal septum. I am afraid the only solution is to get yourself operated - operation is called septoplasty. Once corrected properly, the problem will not recur, as no bone growth takes place after the age of 18 years.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com