Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How to know if one is diabetic?

How to know if one is diabetic?

Q: In one health fair I was tested for blood glucose by glucometer. It was 135 mg/dl. I had taken my lunch one hour before (three chapatis and subji of brinjal and potatoes). After two hours I was again checked and it was 130 mg./dl. I was advised that I should undergo fasting and pp test, which I did from two differnt labs. and the values are fasting (80 mg/dl) and pp (104 mg./dl.) from one laband fasting (73 mg./dl) and pp. (94 mg./dl.) from another lab.Last year also I was tested and the values were fasting (73) and pp(104). Doctor what it suggests. I am some what worried as my father is also a diabetic. Your help is highly needed.

A:These blood glucose values suggest that you are not a diabetic. Fasting values less than 111 and post glucose values less than 140 are considered totally normal.