Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How do I get rid of pain due to endometriosis?

How do I get rid of pain due to endometriosis?

Q: I am a 34 years old female suffering from endometriosis. I had hysterectomy done four years back. I had taken injection Zoldex for 4 months last year. The pain subsidises when I am on Zoldex but it makes me feel very uneasy and is not helping the pain get cured permanently. What are the other treatment options for endometriosis?

A:Zoladex (goserelin) is one treatment for endometriosis. Other options include oral contraceptives, danazol, progesterone etc. Unfortunately endometriosis is a chronic relapsing disorder. You have not given the results of rectal/vaginal examination as to the number of tender nodules and also if laparoscopic examination was done to establish the extent of endometrial tissue outside the uterus. If medical treatment is not effective, surgery can be performed to remove the maximum endometrial tissue. However, I must say that sometimes the frequency and severity of symptoms are not related to the extent of ectopic endometrial tissue.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com