Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How do I cope with my problems?

How do I cope with my problems?

Q: I am a 27-year-old married man with a weird problem. I have never interacted with girls since my childhood. So, now whenever I see a girl, I feel like having sex with her. To overcome this, I masturbate and then the feeling leaves me. Also, I am addicted to seeing women in short skirts, especially their legs. This is really troubling me a lot and I am losing my concentration. My sex life also isn't that good, as my wife has an aversion to sex, even if it is once a week. How do I cope with my problems?

A:I am sure you must be having a trying time coping with this kind of problem. However, the good part is that you have the insight/awareness that this needs attention. I have come across a lot of such cases in my practice and counseling/psychotherapy is the choice of treatment that is recommended. The counselor would explore your childhood experiences, nature of relationships, current problems and other significant growing up experiences. These would help you understand the source of your problem and its consequent effects. Along with this, the counselor also facilitates the client to learn different ways of dealing with their maladaptive thought processes and feel more equipped and in control to handle the problem.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com