Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How do I convince people that my wife has a problem?

How do I convince people that my wife has a problem?

Q: My 35 years old wife has bipolar personality disorder and compulsive obsessive disorder and I am mentally tense as no one from my wife's family believes that she has these problems. They keep saying that they will advise her but her behaviour is creating hell for my 9 years old son and me. I have already consulted many doctors, who have diagnosed it as the above problems, but my in-laws say that I have fed them money to get these reports. My wife even tried to kill herself once.

A:You have not mentioned in your query whether your wife has met a psychiatrist herself or not. The first step would be to encourage her to seek treatment and then involve her family. In order to make a complete diagnosis it is very important for her to consult the doctor. In case she is diagnosed as having these difficulties, then it is essential that she gets treatment. These problems need professional treatment, which involves counselling and medication. Her family then may need information on these conditions so that they can recognise the gravity of the problem. You may want to ask them to accompany you to the doctor who can then explain the conditions better.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com