Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can the side effects of AKT-4 be avoided?

How can the side effects of AKT-4 be avoided?

Q: My daughter is 27 years old and she has started the AKT-4 course from today. Please guide me what I should do to avoid the side effects of it? And after the completing the course she will be alright?

A:AKT-4 contains four medicines: rifampicin, isoniazid, ethambutol and pyrizinamide. In order to reduce side effects one should given vitamin B-6. For the convenience of the patients some brands such as Wokex-4 contain vitamin B-6 also. Hence you can use either Wokex-4 brand or administer B-6 vitamin 10mg separately. Visual functions should be tested before starting therapy or immediately thereafter LFTs (liver function tests) and uric acid levels should be monitored periodically say every 8 weeks or so. Medicines must be taken regularly. There will be no long lasting side effects. Once treatment is over (lasting from 6 months to 9 months at the most), the patient will be absolutely fine and normal in every respect.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.