Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can the alingment of the eyes be corrected?

How can the alingment of the eyes be corrected?

Q: My 65 years old diabetic father has high blood pressure (BP) for the last few years. But 3 months back, he was hospitalised for high BP and uncontrolled diabetes and his right eye got affected. The right eye was not moving side ways at all. The doctor said that due to high BP, the alignment of the eyes got affected. He is taking medicines for BP, diabetes and the eye alignment. He feels giddiness and headache continuously. Please suggest.

A:Your father appears to have developed a nerve palsy in the right eye, following high BP diabetes. Usually these palsies (and the resultant misalignment that takes place) fully recover with time. If it persists six months after the episode, surgical intervention can be considered for the resultant persistent diplopia. You must seek help of an internist/consider a short admission to hospital for control of BP and blood sugars to prevent any further dangerous complications (stroke, etc.) from developing.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com