Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can spring catarrh be treated?

How can spring catarrh be treated?

Q: I am a 24 years old male suffering from spring catarrh for the last three years. My eyes become inflamed especially in the hot summer months of May and June. Currently, I am using Patadey and Systane. Earlier I used Lotepred but its prolonged use raised my intra occular pressure. I consulted many doctors but the problem remains unresolved. How can spring catarrh be treated? Can it be cured if I move to a hill station?

A:Spring catarrh is an allergic eye condition which can get aggravated in hot summer months. Apart from the medicines you have been prescribed, other medicines are also available which help to alleviate the allergy and make you more comfortable. The treating eye specialist can also monitor your eye pressure at the same time and lower it if it rises. Change of place of residence can also help. In most cases, the symptoms improve over time and subsequent episodes may not be so severe. Please contact your eye specialist who can examine and advise you accordingly.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com