Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can pain around stitches be treated?

How can pain around stitches be treated?

Q: I am a 32 years old woman and gave birth to my daughter 4 years back through c-section. After a year I started experiencing pain around the stitches i.e. lower abdomen and leg joint, when there is exertion. The area around the stitches has become hard. How can it be treated? Will this cause any problem in future pregnancy?

A:Operative scars sometimes start to pain. Pain is unusual after three years of surgery, but still possible. I wonder if you are developing a scar hernia. A general surgeon is the best person to diagnose this. Some firmness in the wound may be normal, but consult a general surgeon to carefully examine the wound. I dont think there will be any problem in future pregnancies. However, you must get the wound examined by a general surgeon.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com