How can one prevent diabetes?
Q: What are the precautions one should take in order not to get diabetes?
A:Adopt the following measures to prevent diabetes:
- Get your blood glucose done in fasting state as part of screening. It should be < 100 mg/dl. If normal, get it repeated after three years.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- Exercise every day for 30-40 minutes. Brisk walk is good enough.
- Follow a healthy diet,i.e. have frequent and small meals, may be three major meals and three small snacks.
- Avoid fast food, high/dense calorie food and fat rich diet.
- Take at least five servings of green vegetables in a week.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits.
- If you have a family background of diabetes, be more careful.
Is my diabetes due to insulin deficiency or insulin resistance?
Why does my brother have low platelet count?
What care should be taken by a pre-diabetic while planning a baby?
Can my mother undergo gall bladder removal surgery?
What causes low blood sugar levels?
Is supramolecular insulin assembly – II useful for human beings?