Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can dysfunctional uterine bleeding be treated?

How can dysfunctional uterine bleeding be treated?

Q: I am a 34 years old female. I used to have excessive bleeding during periods and after marriage, I started having dysfunctional uterine bleeding. After some tests, my gynaecologist told me that I have cervical erosion for which I was on hormone replacement treatment (HRT) for two years. If I discontinue HRT, I start getting spotting post 15 days of cycle until proper bleeding starts in the next cycle. Why do I get spotting?

A:I think you need a colposcopic examination of your cervix, a good ultrasound to rule out polyp in the uterus and eventually have a hysteroscopic examination of the uterine cavity to know the reason of bleeding. If the bleeding stops on HRT, most likely, it is not from the cervix but from the endometrial surface of the uterus. You must get yourself investigated fully to avoid any complications later on.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com