Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » How can a crossbite deformity be corrected?

How can a crossbite deformity be corrected?

Q: I am 24 years old and have a crossbite deformity. I would like to go for a correction. I have no problem with speech etc. other than this. Please brief me about the surgery and the cost incurred. Can surgery bring total perfection?

A:Generally speaking crossbites are dental in nature i.e. the deformity is restricted to the teeth only and can be corrected by orthodontic treatment alone. Sometimes the crossbite is skeletal in nature i.e. the jaw bones are involved and then we need surgical intervention for correction. Kindly contact an Orthodontist who will advise you about the correct treatment procedure and the cost involved.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com