Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Hope to cope with marital problems and depression?

Hope to cope with marital problems and depression?

Q: I was married in 1994 April. In the year 2000 my wife fled my home and since then is living with her parents. She wants to return only on some conditions. I am earning Rs 9000/- per month and she Rs. 6000/-. She has degraded my status among relatives by saying that my husband is earning only Rs. 9000/ per month. Now I am feeling depressed and my relatives too taunt me. Yaers have passed now and I have been several times to my in-laws to bring my wife back but have always been insulted. I feel lonely. What should I do?

A:Sometimes things go wrong in life. We should try to understand where things went wrong, what was our contribution to it and how we can sort it out. This becomes easy if we detach ourselves emotionally from the problem and dont indulge in the blame game. This way we can analyse the problem more objectively and direct our energy constructively to solving the problem. Consult a psychiatrist who will decide whether you need medicines for your depression, problem solving techniques or other form of therapy.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com