Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Flap surgery for gum infection

Flap surgery for gum infection

Q: I had a tooth ache and when my doctor took an x-ray he said that there is a lot of bone loss. And the reason given was that there is an infection in the gums. The reason was not clearly disclosed, although I was asked to get my blood & urine sugar tested, which was found perfect. Then they suggested flap surgery. What kind of surgery is this and what are the approximate expenses associated with this? Is there no other solution other than the surgery?

A:Flap surgery is required when the infection is deep seated i.e. it has reached and settled in the bone below the gums. It is done under local anaesthesia. The gum is cut and lifted up and all the infected bone is removed. The gum tissue is then stitched back. Expenses vary from doctor to doctor.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com