Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Does Nexpro 40 have any side effects?

Does Nexpro 40 have any side effects?

Q: I have been suffering from chronic acidity for a long time. I consulted a gastroenterologist who suggested endoscopy, which detected reflux. I have been taking Nexpro 40 for the past 3 months now and the doctor has told me that I have to take it for a long time. I want to know if Nexpro 40 has any side effects?

A:Nexpro is the brand name and the name of the medicine is esomeprazole. It is quite similar to omeprazole (Ocid), pantoprazole (Pantodac) and lansoprazole (Lanzol); hence one can use any of them. The side effects of Nexpro are: Stomatitis (mouth ulcers). Myalgia (muscle pain). Gynaecomastia (enlargement of breast) in men. Blurred vision, reduction in white blood cells,depression, alopaecia (loss of scalp hair). Liver failure, fungal infections of the gastro-intestinal tract, interstitial nephritis (kidney inflammation), taste disturbance, agitation, aggression, hallucinations, hyperhidrosis (incraesd sweating), photosensitivity, bronchospasm. Duodenitis, oesophagitis. Oesophageal stricture or ulceration or varices. Gastric ulcer, gastritis, hernia, benign polyps or nodules, Barretts oesophagus, mucosal discoloration, etc.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.