Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Does jumping ropes help reduce tummy?

Does jumping ropes help reduce tummy?

Q: I am a 35 years old healthy married woman with two children. Lately, I have started rope jumping exercise for weight loss (particularly for tummy/waist reduction). My query is whether it will help me lose weight from tummy? Will it have any adverse effect on my physique? I have heard that rope jumping can lead to sagging breasts and may also lead to dislocating/affecting uterus. Is it true?

A:Well I would say jumping ropes may be a good exercise for overall health but it is certainly not the best exercise for the tummy. You have to do specific exercises focused on your tummy, burn the fat and a good trainer in a gym would be able to demonstrate you the same.

I am not sure whether it can lead to sagging breasts or uterine prolapse unless you are specifically prone for these to begin with.

Meghalaya Gets Its First AMRIT Pharmacy

A first of its kind in Meghalaya, the Affordable Medicines and Retail Implants for Treatment (AMRIT) Pharmacy was inaugrated on Thursday by the State Health Minister Roshan Warjri, at a Civil Hospital in Shillong.

Woman Gives Birth To 'Miracle Twins' Naturally, Discharges Self Hours Later

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:30:15 IST
Apparently she had no idea that she was giving birth to twins and then the natural delivery of the kids made the doctors describe it as "miraculous". The kids are joined at the abdomen and share an umbilical cord. Doctors say that they "desperately need surgery".

Shocking Rise In Premature Baby Deaths, Reveals Study

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:33:03 IST
There has been a tremendous rise in the number of neonatal deaths in connection with premature births and babies with low-birthweight over the period of past 15 years even though the country has witnessed decline in early deaths from infections, according to health officials.

Hyderabad: Senior Doctor Attacked At Gandhi Hospital, 250 Juniors Boycott Duties

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:30:47 IST
Doctors tried to save him but he succumbed to the attack, post which, his family attacked the doctors saying that they did not pay much attention to the patient.

Woman Revived After 30 Minutes Of Death!

Thu, 21 Sep 2017 10:30:16 IST
She suffered a cardiac arrest just before the surgery began and it was no less than a miracle when the doctors were able to revive her 30 minutes after she suffered a cardiac arrest.