Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Do I need treatment based on my MRI?

Do I need treatment based on my MRI?

Q: My MRI scan report mentions Trivial Annular Bulge appreciated at L5-S1 indenting thecal sac minimally. Please can you let me know how can this be treated?

A:We do not treat MRI scans or other test reports. We treat patients, doing our best to relieve symptoms and, where possible, affecting a cure. You have not told us anything more than that you suffer back pain after travelling and carrying weights. We know nothing about the findings on examination. I suggest you discuss the MRI scan findings with your doctor. In all probability your doctor will reassure you that there is no cause for concern as the changes are trivial and minimal. Your doctor may recommend exercise to strengthen the muscles around the lower part of your spine and, if you are overweight, recommendation gentle, progressive exercises and dietary changes to trim yourself and render yourself more fit for the stresses of daily life. The doctor may finally request you to observe precautions so that what is trivial and minimal today doesn't turn ominous in the future. Such precautions may include avoidance of weight lifting, jerks to the spine as when travelling on our far-from-satisfactory roads in autorickshaws and avoidance of sharp forward bending of the back.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com