Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Do I have cervical spondylosis?

Do I have cervical spondylosis?

Q: I am a 25 years old female weighing 60 kg. I am suffering from lumbar and cervical spondylosis. I have been taking injections for the same since three months. I have been prescribed Gudril, Movarab (20g), Benthel Forte, Biocobal (5g), Movacal and Franxit. After taking these medicines, I feel very drowsy and my mouth is dry throughout the day and I have also put on four kg of weight. Past medical report states migraine, diplopia, bronchitis, mastoiditis, polycystic ovary disease (PCOD) and ganglion in both wrists. I have been hospitalised for all these in past three years. Am I on right treatment for cervical spondylosis?

A:It is unusual for a person of your age to be suffering from cervical/lumbar spondylosis. Please check the diagnosis with your doctor and take a second, expert opinion. May be you are suffering from ankylosing spondylitis. Gudril contains two pain killers: tramadol and paracetamol. Movarab contains rabeprazole used to counter acidity. Biocobal contains vitamin B-12 substance called mecobalamin which is not very effective in cases like yours. Movalcal contains calcium.

Unless your blood calcium levels are low, excessive intake of calcium can lead to kidney stones. Tablet Franxit contains two anti-depressnats: flupenthixol and melitracen. This product originated in Denmark but is not allowed to be sold there. It is also not permitted to be sold in advanced countries like US and Britain.

The drug has a long list of side effects including drowsiness, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, dry mouth, blurred vision. Blood dyscrasias, acute dystonias (invoulntrary spasm of muscles), Parkinsonism, hyperprolactinaemia that can lead to oozing of breast milk, ECG changes, respiratory depression, nasal stuffiness, rash, hyperglycaemia (diabetes), impaired temperature regulation, fits, dyspnoea (breathlessness), hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), amenorrhoea, galactorrhoea, myalgia abnormal liver functions, somnolence, fatigue, jaundice etc. Patients on this drug may get into suicidal tendency.