Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can we try for artificial insemination?

Can we try for artificial insemination?

Q: I am 65 years old and my wife is 44 years of age. We have no children. Can artificial insemination be carried out by any gynaecologist or does one need a special clinic for it? Since all it takes is a tube to transfer the sperm into the woman's vagina, why can't an ordinary gynaecologist do this at her clinic or the home of the patient?

A:Both of you are at a relatively advanced age for parenthood. The fact that you are considering artificial insemination tells me that your wife has not been able to conceive naturally (similar to putting a tube of sperm in the vagina). Under these circumstances, it is very important for the reproductive endocrinologist to control the hormones to create optimum conditions for pregnancy. You may want to get other opinions, but in my experience the best success will be had if an infertility specialty team is involved.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com