Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can my high eye power be corrected?

Can my high eye power be corrected?

Q: I am 22 years old male. My right eye power is -25 and left is -26. Can it be corrected?

A:Do you mean -2.50 and -2.60 in which case normal glasses or contact lenses should help. If you mean -25.00 and 26.00 then it would be possible to make it as normal as possible by doing cataract operation even if you do not have cataract and implant surgery. In addition you may have to wear reading or varifocal glasses after that for close up work. This much of myopic correction means that you may have some weakness in retina as well and because of this your vision may never be perfect. If you have not tried normal contact lenses yet, this may be good alternative to try to see how best your vision improves.


--------------------------------Advertisement---------------------------------- -
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com