Home » Frequently asked Questions on Health » Can lemon juice and guavas affect my pregnancy?

Can lemon juice and guavas affect my pregnancy?

Q: I am 13 weeks pregnant. Before pregnancy I used to take lemon juice twice a day with sugar and after pregnancy I used to take lemon juice with salt, not very regulary but immediately after vomiting. I was told that pregnant women should not drink lemon juice, is that right?. As I have been taking it for nearly 13 weeks, is that going to affect me or my baby? Now I drink tender coconut twice a day once in morning as soon as I wake up and one in the evening. Can I continue with that? I also eat more guavas as compared to other fruits, is that ok? One of our relative who took a lot of lemon juice and guavas has got white patches all over her body after her delivery. Could that be due to lemon and guavas? Please advise me what are the foods that I can have?

A:Fruits are good at all times. These fruits and lemon juice do not have anything to do with white patches. Tender coconut juice is also good. However, too much of anything is not good. You must have a balanced diet. By now your vomiting would have stopped. A diet rich in fibre is good. The fruits and juices in the dose you have mentioned will not harm your baby.

Swine Flu Explosion: 42 New Cases Reported In Mohali, Tips To Prevent It

Mohali district reportedly sees increased number of cases of swine flu this year. So far, there have been 42 positive cases and five deaths of this deadly disease. Here's a list of tips to prevent it.

Angry With The Expensive Treatment, Patient Stabs The Doctor!

When the doctor came in to examine him on Monday evening, the patient attacked the doctor in a fit of rage. It is being stated that the patient took this step because he was upset with the expensive treatment.

65 Year Old Zirakpur Man Dies Of Swine Flu

A 65-year-old man, called Kirti Kumar died due to swine flu in Zirakpur, on Monday. This is the third swine-flu death in the Derabassi Subdivision within a period of one month.

Kerala AIDS Society Grants 'Clean Chit' To Regional Cancer Centre

According to a report by the Kerala State AIDS Control Society, the blood given to a nine year-old girl during transfusion at Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram was tested before the process, and HIV was not detected, but the same was detected at a later stage.